Office: 0208 412 7967
Mobile: 07340 447 904

What are the risks of not serving a party wall notice?

Everyone should feel safe and comfortable in their own home, but when planning building works that involve a shared wall it is important to manage the process correctly. Richmond Futures are experienced surveyors based here in Richmond – they understand all of your Party Wall needs and can offer guidance throughout this complex procedure. With […]

What Happens If I Forget to Follow the Party Wall Procedure?

Should construction commence without the issuance of a Party Wall Notice or a disregard for the stipulated Party Wall timings, the adjoining owner retains the legal right to pursue a Party Wall Injunction through the courts. In this post, we’ll look into injunctions, damages and what works you should make your neighbour aware of. What […]

When a neighbour refuses your party wall agreement

So, you’re planning building works to your property. You’re probably excited about your extension or loft conversion, spending a lot of money and looking forward to the end result. You engage an experienced, specialist party wall surveyor, like the team at Richmond Futures, who confirm that the work you are undertaking will fall under the […]

Frequently asked questions about party walls

Our expert team at Richmond Futures, a leading firm of surveyors in the London area, specialises in party walls. It is an area of surveying where experience really counts – the process of negotiating party wall agreements with neighbours can be delicate, as they can often be nervous about how your building works might affect […]

How much does the party wall process cost?

For many reasons, homeowners often choose the option: ‘don’t move, improve’. If this means installing a new kitchen or redecorating top to bottom, you are free to do whatever you choose. However, if your building works are a little more ambitious, and could structurally affect your neighbour’s property because you share a party wall, it’s […]

A guide to Party Wall Notices

Did you know that anyone carrying out any building work near or on a shared wall, known as a Party Wall, must first get written permission from their neighbours? The formal process for getting this permission from your neighbour – the ‘Adjoining Owner’ involves serving them with a Party Wall Notice. In this article, Richmond […]